It is with great regret that we have to inform you that due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 restrictions, we have had to cancel this year’s UK rides in June.
Effectively we are postponing until the next opportunity to challenge the mid-summer daylight, and we invite you all to join us to Chase the Sun once again on Saturday 19th June 2021… we hope you can make it!
Message to all registered riders for 2020…
It is with great regret that we have decided to postpone this year’s Chase The Sun ride until 2021. Like everyone else, we have been monitoring advice on the impact of the COVID-19 virus from government and national organisations in the UK, and the latest guidance from Cycling UK is as follows:
Following the Government advice to limit social interactions as far as possible, Cycling UK is advising all groups (where more than one person cycles together) to postpone rides and events for the time being. This was not a decision taken lightly but it is necessary in the interest of protecting the most vulnerable members of our society. Cycling UK is closely following the latest Government guidelines to ensure our advice is as up to date as possible.
Therefore we are re-scheduling this year’s UK North and UK South route rides to ‘roll-over’ to next year’s midsummer sunrise on:
Saturday 19th June 2021
All your current registrations for the UK North and UK South routes will be valid for next year’s corresponding rides and, if you are happy and available for this date, you need take no further action. If you are unavailable please email to let us know.
If you have purchased support services, or food and accommodation packages for CTS 2020 rides in the UK, and are happy for them to be carried over to next year’s 2021 event date above, then again, you need take no further action. However, if you require a refund, please email us promptly (at the address below) and we will process this for you ASAP.
Regarding CTS Italy – As we know, there is a similar situation in Italy, however the Italian government is expected to announce updated guidelines on restrictions in place there in early April. For this reason, a final decision on the feasibility of holding the Chase the Sun Italia ride this year will be confirmed shortly after this, and our local organiser Paolo (at Turbolento) will be in contact during April with all riders registered to provide all assistance as necessary.
While this is a huge disappointment for all of us, some things are just bigger than cycling (yes, we did just say that…) Nevertheless, we hope to be in touch periodically with ways of keeping you, our amazing Chase The Sun cycling community, in good spirits throughout these challenging times.
Clearly the current situation is having a huge impact on all our lives and we hope we can all work together and help each other survive and, after these temporary challenges, thrive and enjoy a return to doing the things that we love, including cycling adventures!
Olly, Phil & the whole CTS team
email us at: [email protected]